2. School Closures-
Napa County- Per Napa Valley Unified, all NVUSD schools will be closed today, Monday October 9th.
3. Evacuation Centers for people, Animal shelter info below (All Counties)-
- Napa Valley Junior College on SR-221 south of Imola Ave
- Napa County Fairgrounds in Calistoga on Oak Street
- Solano Community College on Suisan Valley Road in Fairfield
- Marin Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium, 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael, CA. At this time, small animals are allowed at this center.
- Twin Pine, 22223 Hwy 29 Middletown, CA 95461
- Ukiah High School, 1000 Low Gap Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
- Willits High School, 299 N. Main st, Willits, CA 95490
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair 1 Citrus Fair Dr. Cloverdale
- Guerneville School 14630 Armstrong Rd Guerneville
- Healdsburg Community Center 1157 Healdsburg Ave Healdsburg
- Petaluma Community Center 320 North McDowell Blvd. Petaluma
- 1st Presebyterian Church 939 B Street Petaluma
- Veterans Memorial Building 1094 Petaluma Blvd South Petaluma
- Sonoma Marin Fairgrounds 175 Fairgrounds Drive Petaluma
- Church of Christ 370 Sonoma Mountasin Parkway Petaluma
- New Life Church 1310 Clegg Str. Petaluma
- Casa Grande High School 3333 Casa Grande Rd. Petaluma
- Sally Tomatoes 1100 Valley House Drive Rohnert Park
- Burton Recreation Center 5401 Snyder Lane Rohnert Park
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds Pavilion 1350 Bennet Valley Rd Santa Rosa
- Finley Community Center 2060 West College Ave. Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Veterans Building 1351 Maple Ave. Santa Rosa
- Victory Outreach Church 4042 Sebastopol Rd Santa Rosa
- New Vintage Church 3300 Sonoma Ave. Santa Rosa
- Elsie Allen High School 599 Bellevue Ave. Santa Rosa
- Cook Middle School 2480 Sebastopol Rd. Santa Rosa
- Sebastopol Community Center 390 Morris St. Sebastopol
- Analy High School Gym 6950 Analy Ave Sebastopol
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church 500 Robinson Rd. Sebastopol
- Sonoma Valley High School 20000 Broadway Sonoma
- Altamira Middle School South on Arnold Drive Sonoma
- Windsor High School 8695 Windsor Rd. Windsor
- Huerta Gymnasium 9291 Old Redwood Hwy Windsor
- Napa County- Animal Shelter at 942 Hartle Ct will shelter dogs, cats, rabbits and other household animals
- Napa County- Vintage High School farm taking animals that need housing from fire. They have trailers & can help move them. Emmalee Casillas- 530-559-7566
- Sonoma County- Large Animals can be taken to Santa Rosa Fairgrounds (1350 Bennett Valley Road, Santa Rosa) and Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds (175 Fairgrounds Drive, Petaluma)
- Marin Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium, 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael, CA. At this time, small animals are allowed at this center with owners.
- Napa County- Volunteer coordination is happening at Napa Valley College Gym. Check in with the Volunteer Center there
- Marin County- Check CVNL.org for volunteer info.
6. Air Quality-
As a result of winds near the fires, air quality is poor all over the San Francisco Bay Area. The Bay Area Air Quality Management District has issued a smoke advisory today due to heavy smoke from the fires. The Marin County officials are advising residents impacted by wild fire smoke to take the following precautions:
- Reduce exposure to smoky air by remaining indoors with windows and doors closed, if possible and if safe.
- Avoid and/or cancel outdoor activities to avoid unnecessary exposure if you smell smoke.
- Set air conditioning units and car vent systems to re-circulate to prevent outside air from moving inside.
- Stay tuned to local media for changes in smoke or weather conditions.
7. Power Outages-
- PG&E is actively working to both restore power where safe to do so and to de-activate power from some areas to assist with firefighting efforts.
8. Registering as safe or finding missing persons-
- Safeandwell.communityos.org on the American Red Cross site allows you to register that you’re safe and if you’re looking for someone
- Mark Yourself Safe on Facebook
- Call 707-565-3856 to file a missing person report
9. General Fire Guidelines-
- Do not call 911 for general information. ONLY call for an emergency including unattended, active flames and life threatening emergencies. Please keep these lines open for emergency responders.
- If you are in a safe place and not in a mandatory evacuation area, please stay in place and keep roads available for emergency personnel.
- Due to significant smoke in the region, please stay indoors as much as possible.
- Evacuation orders remain in effect and areas are unsafe. Do not enter a road that is closed or attempt to return to your home before evacuation orders are issued.