Bilingual Phone Line Resource Specialist
(full-time, 40 hours per week)
Click here to view as a PDF
Program Description: Eden I&R’s 2-1-1 program, an information and referral service for low-cost housing and human services, provides assessment of need and social service information and referral services for callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Position Description: Under the direct supervision of the 2-1-1 Manager, the Phone Line Resource Specialist will address clients’ concerns over the phone and provide needs assessment and referral.
- Assess callers’ needs, provide appropriate referrals to housing and services, and advocate for callers in complex and emergency situations
- Provide thorough assessment and referral to each caller
- Locate and collect information on agencies and services that would be useful to callers; includes developing contacts at agencies for the purpose of networking and obtaining services and clients
- Assist with outreach to potential clients through preparation of materials such as newsletters, flyers and cards
- Be available to work long hours in the event of a disaster
- Perform other duties as determined by the 2-1-1 Manager
- Work towards Alliance of Information and Referral Systems Certification
- At least one year of work experience in a call center, customer service, case management, advocacy or social service-related positions, or other relevant work experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Bilingual in Spanish & English REQUIRED; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle clients in crisis and deal with crisis management
- Good computer skills; familiarity with database programs desirable
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
Compensation: $16.50/hour with benefits
Available shifts: Open
Human Resources Administrator
Eden I&R, Inc.
570 B Street
Hayward, CA 94541
Eden I&R, Inc. is conveniently located one block from the Hayward BART station.
Online and on-site training will be provided
Eden I&R is an equal opportunity employer