Job Description:Director of Programs (full-time, 40 hours per week)
Click here for a PDF version of the position description.
Agency Description: Eden I&R envisions a community empowered with information and connected to resources, so that all people obtain health, happiness, hope, and improved livelihoods. The agency’s largest program is 211 Alameda County, the 24/7 multilingual phone line that provides resource information to individuals and families from throughout the county.
Position Description: The Director of Programs is responsible for the successful delivery of Eden I&R’s programs including 211 Alameda County, After Hours, Disaster Preparedness, Housing, and AIDS Housing Information Project (AHIP). The successful candidate will ensure seamless team management and development, program design and evaluation, and quality control. In this newly established role, the Director of Programs will manage five direct reports and be a key decision maker and external representative for Eden I&R in the community. Confidentiality, efficient time management, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to review and analyze data are essential qualifications for this position, as is the ability to communicate clearly. (Full-time position, 40 hours per week).
• Oversee program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Ensure program goals, objectives, and outcomes are met, recommending course corrections when needed
• Utilize Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to inform decisions and evaluate data and metrics to strengthen program outcomes and performance
• Manage new short-term grant funded projects and oversee long-term program implementation
• Identify areas of cross-training among all programs and deploy appropriate staff when need arises; ensure adequate staffing of all programs
• Develop relationships with new and existing partners. Act as liaison between agency and collaborators to design new programs, enhance current programs and create capacity
• Work with the leadership team to strategize agency goals and make decisions on behalf of the organization
• Act as point person for community engagement events, occasionally attending evening and weekend meetings and events
• Work in partnership with the Development Manager on new proposals and help identify gaps in service, goals, and objectives
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reporting to funders and the Board of Directors
• Supervise five staff members
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent management skills (5+ years)
• Knowledge of and familiarity with nonprofits, social services background preferred
• Strong communicator, experienced in giving presentations and interacting with the public
• Ability to work effectively with diverse colleagues and stakeholders, team player
• Fair, motivational and inspirational leader who advocates for programs and team members
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
• Strategic thinker with great problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office Suite and databases
• Experience in gathering, summarizing, and organizing information, including analyzing data
Additional Desired Qualifications – any of these, or a combination of, a plus
• Call center or customer service background
• Knowledge of HIV systems of care and HIPPA requirements
• Disaster preparedness background
• Knowledge of the housing crisis in the Bay Area and resources such as Section 8 and VASH vouchers
Commensurate with experience, benefits
Human Resources Administrator
Eden I&R, Inc.
570 B Street
Hayward, CA 94541
Eden I&R, Inc. is conveniently located one block from the Hayward BART station.
Eden I&R is an equal opportunity employer