Job Description: Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant (full-time, 40 hours per week)
Click here for a PDF version of the position description.
Agency Description: Eden I&R envisions a community empowered with information and connected to resources, so that all people obtain health, happiness, hope, and improved livelihoods. The agency’s largest program is 211 Alameda County, the 24/7 multilingual phone line that provides resource information to individuals and families from throughout the county.
Position Description: The Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant position is responsible for maintaining a complete, up-to-date, systematic record of accounts and financial transactions, and assisting the Executive Director and Development Manager with a variety of clerical tasks. This position will report to the Development Manager with a dotted line to the Finance Manager. Confidentiality, efficient time management, excellent organizational skills, and attention to accuracy are essential qualifications for this position, as is the ability to communicate clearly. (Full-time position, 40 hours per week).
Bookkeeper Duties (50%):
• Assist the Finance Manager with essential tasks relating to Accounts Payable including tracking bills and expenses in QuickBooks, preparing checks and filling invoices, maintaining and reconciling petty cash, tracking daily bank account balances, and preparing appropriate adjusting journal entries for input as needed.
• Complete tasks assigned by the Finance Manager related to Accounts Receivable including maintaining daily manual cash receipt journals, making bank deposits, compiling monthly reports, preparing invoices including required backup documentation, and preparing appropriate adjusting journal entries for input as needed.
• Act as liaison with Paychex in collecting timesheets, reviewing reports, and preparing journal entries.
• Assist the Finance Manager in monthly data entry and production of financial statements for the General Ledger including but not limited to Finance Community meetings and quarterly Board meetings.
Administrative Assistant Duties (50%):
• Provide clerical and administrative support to the Executive Director as requested, including scheduling meetings, compiling board reports, completing mileage and expense reports, ordering food for events, and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential on her behalf
• Serve as a “gatekeeper” for Executive Director creating win-win situations for access to her time
• Manage the timely acknowledgement of donations and assure that all types of donations (cash, pledges, matching gifts, and planned gifts) are properly documented in Salesforce database
• Ensure data integrity in Salesforce and Constant Contact through accurate data entry and ongoing clean-up efforts
• Assist with administrative tasks related to grant proposals and coordinate the distribution of appeals and other mailings in collaboration with Development Manager
• File contracts electronically and schedule team meetings when new contracts are added
• Other duties as assigned
• Two years of recent, progressively responsible experience in the field of bookkeeping or accounting
• Work experience with a non-profit agency preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Ability to collect, compile and reconcile financial data accurately
• Advanced skills in MS Excel and proficient knowledge of MS Office; in depth knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
• Demonstrated capabilities in the areas defined in the job description
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
• Good oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work effectively with diverse colleagues and stakeholders, team player
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Experience using Salesforce database a plus
Commensurate with experience, benefits
Human Resources Administrator
Eden I&R, Inc.
570 B Street
Hayward, CA 94541
Eden I&R, Inc. is conveniently located one block from the Hayward BART station.
Eden I&R is an equal opportunity employer