Job Description: After-Hours/2-1-1 Phone Line Resource Specialist
Click here for a PDF version of the position description.
Eden I&R’s 2-1-1 program, an information and referral service for low-cost housing and human services, provides phone line assessments and referrals for callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Eden I&R’s After-Hour Services provide answering services for the Alameda County Children’s Services; Foster Care Placement Service; Adult Protective Services; Public Guardian-Conservator Office;
Under the direct supervision of the After-Hours Supervisor, the After-Hours/2-1-1 Phone Line Resource Specialist will address 2-1-1 clients’ concerns over the phone and provide needs assessments and referrals. The PRS will take information from After-Hours callers to relay to the After-Hours supervisors and workers.
• Assess callers’ needs and provide appropriate referrals to housing & services
• Advocate for callers in complex and emergency situations
• Provide follow-up to certain callers
• Locate and collect information on agencies and services that would be useful to callers; including developing contacts at agencies for networking and obtaining services for clients
• Keep complete records of all calls; record and summarize pertinent data
• Answer the Eden I&R, Inc, administration lines
• Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings
• Be available to work extended hours in the event of a disaster
• Work towards Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) Certification
• Other duties as assigned
• At least one year of work experience in case management, advocacy or customer service positions, or a BA or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to handle clients in crisis and deal with crisis management
• Good computer skills; familiarity with database programs desirable
Human Resources Administrator
Eden I&R, Inc.
570 B Street
Hayward, CA 94541
Eden I&R, Inc. is conveniently located one block from the Hayward BART station.
Eden I&R is an equal opportunity employer