Job Description: 2-1-1 Phone Line Resource Specialist
Click here for a PDF version of the position description.
Eden I&R’s 2-1-1 program, an information and referral service for low-cost housing and human services, provides assessment of need and social service information and referral services for callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Under the direct supervision of the 2-1-1 Supervisor, the Phone Line Resource Specialist will address clients’ concerns over the phone and provide needs assessment and referral.
• Answer phones and provide thorough assessment and appropriate referrals to housing and services
• Advocate for callers in complex and emergency situations
• Locate and collect information on agencies and services that would be useful to callers; includes developing contacts at agencies for the purpose of networking and obtaining services and clients
• Assist with outreach to potential clients through preparation of materials such as newsletters, flyers and cards
• Be available to work long hours in the event of a disaster
• Work towards Alliance of Information and Referral Systems Certification
• Other duties as assigned
• At least one year of work experience in a call center, customer service, case management, advocacy or social service-related positions, or other relevant work experience
• Ability to handle clients in crisis and deal with crisis management
• Good computer skills; familiarity with database programs desirable
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
• Bilingual Spanish, Cantonese and/or Mandarin a plus
$15.50/hour with benefits
40 hours/week with day, evening, and weekend shifts
Human Resources Administrator
Eden I&R, Inc.
570 B Street
Hayward, CA 94541
Eden I&R, Inc. is conveniently located one block from the Hayward BART station.
Eden I&R is an equal opportunity employer